Thursday, March 11, 2010

Portraiture

So, on the note of going in a different direction from the dancing photographs, I think I'm going to solely focus on portraiture the rest of the semester. I really want to get a better grip on lighting since it seems that my biggest weaknesses in my photos are shadows and emphasis. I'm still getting the hang of paying attention to every part of the photograph when I'm constructing it, but I'm getting there. These are some portraits I made of my friend Hadley, I was focusing on using a harder spotlight to create a dramatic feel. The last two photos are a much softer light; I'll be working with her again using the softer light again, but probably not in the studio. I'll also be taking photos of her best friend, Humza, (who I photographed for the eye project) in the studio. Aside from that I plan on taking candid photos of Humza in our Academic Commons and probably of Hadley as well since many times she is with him. I have many ideas about how I want to approach both of these angles of portraiture and I've been really researching the idea of portraiture, especially the work of Yousuf Karsh, who Frank told me about; so lets see how they work out and how much I can actually get done with the remainder of the semester seemingly flying by.










No comments:

Post a Comment